Dr Anwar E Monroy is dedicating to helping our community by offering high quality medical care to patients, 18 years of age and above. Dr Monroy also has a special interest in promoting healthy aging in our geriatric population.
As your body ages, your health care needs change. It's important to work with a physician who has special training in keeping older adults healthy. Furthermore, Geriatric Medicine is not just for the frail and elderly. In fact, Dr. Monroy specializes in helping active "middle aged adults" transition gracefully and smoothly into their 60s and beyond, helping them stay healthy throughout your senior years.
and Medical Conditions Treated
Guiding to the different types of specialists that you are most likely to need for your health care.
Dr. Anwar Monroy and his wife Georgina Monroy
- Chairman of Internal Medicine Department of Del Sol Medical Center
- Director of the 1st Geriatric & Medical clinic in El Paso established in September 2015
- Primary Care physician in El Paso Texas, since 2011 to 2105
- Community Faculty, Department of Family Medicine and Community Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center, El Paso Texas since 2014
- Hospitalist at Del Sol Medical Center El Paso Texas from 2011 to 2015
- Vice-Chairman of the Internal Medicine Department at Del Sol Medical Center 2013-2015
- Medical Director of CIMA Hospice of El Paso since 2014
- Medical Director of First Choice Home Health & Rio Grande Home Health
- Named 2014 Physician of the year at Del Sol Hospital Medical Center.
- Geriatric Fellowship at UTMB, Galveston, TX Internal Medicine Department University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- Family Medicine Residency, Galveston, TX UTMB, AAFP Board Certified
- Perfect Practice Partner Award & Behavioral Medicine Award
- Graduated in 2003 from Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua, Mexico, School of Medicine
Providing comprehensive care with a focus on your independence
Focusing on your quality of life
Preventing disease and maintaining your health